Tuesday, February 27, 2007

From the Triodion

You stretched out Your most pure hand on the Cross, O Christ, and thus united the ends of the earth. Therefore I cry out to You: Gather my scattered senses, dispersed by the passions; completely purify me through abstinence, and make me a sharer in you suffering.

From O Lord, to You I Call, Vespers, Wednesday, Second Week of Lent

When You were crucified in the flesh, O Lord, You crucified our fallen nature with Yourself. When Your side was pierced by the spear, You pierced the serpent that destroyed mankind. Nail my flesh with fear of You and wound my soul with Your love, that gazing on Your passion, in abstinence I may pass through the appointed time of the Fast, governing not only my mouth to the entrance of food, but also the doors of all sin. For my past transgressions, I will offer You a contrite spirit and a broken heart. Deliver me from my offences in your love for mankind!

From the Aposticha, Wednesday Vespers, Second Week of Lent

No comments:

 
.......