Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Prayer of St Eprhaim

Lord forgive those who love us and those who hate us.

I am sorry that I have neglected until now to submit the most sublime prayer of St Ephraim the Syrian. Here it is according the approved text of the Melkite Greek Catholic Eparchy of Newton.

O Lord, Master of my life,
grant that I may not be infected
with the spirit of slothfulness and inquisitiveness,
with the sprit of ambition and vain talking.

Grant instead to me Your servant
the spirit of purity and humlity,
the spirit of patience and neighborly love.

O Lord and King,
bestow upon me the grace of being aware of my sins
and of not thinking evil of those of my brethren.


It is customary to make a deep bow (touching the floor with your right hand, if possible) and making the sign of the cross after each petition.

No comments:

 
.......