Monday, March 12, 2007

From the Triodion

I am shaken by the passions, ensnared by enemies, and led away captive by evil habits. Take pity on me, O Compassionate Lord, and arm me with the breastplate of Your Cross, that with an unshaken heart I may sing: O Young men, bless Him! You priests, praise Him! All you people, exalt Him above all forever!

From the Eighth Ode, the Canon, Orthros, Monday of the Fourth Week of Lent

As we come to the middle of this season of the Fast by the power of the Cross, let us glorify Him who was lifted up on it in the middle of the earth, for He is out to Him: O Master, grant that we may contemplate Your Passion and Your glorious Resurrection. Give us Your forgiveness and great mercy!

From O Lord, to You I Call, Vespers, Tuesday of the Fourth Week of Lent

The Pharisee used many words in praising himself and was rejected for his vanity. the humble Publican prayed in silence and was justified. Learn the difference between the two, O my soul. Choose humility as a way of life, for Christ promised His grace to the humble, for He is the Lover of Mankind.

From the Aposticha, Vespers, Tuesday of the Fourth Week of Lent

No comments:

 
.......